The ENTIRE conference will be held at the Willow Creek North Shore campus in Glenview, IL.
Willow Creek North Shore Church
2200 Shermer Rd
Glenview, IL 60026
Click HERE to get registered today.
Full link is: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/safe-families-for-children-24316619102
There is currently a block of rooms reserved at the Sheraton and the Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel.
Click HERE to reserve your room at the Sheraton for $117/night.
Click HERE to reserve your room at the Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel for $115/night.
Other options include Airbnb and BRBO.
AMPLIFY INITIATIVE – SOCIAL MOVEMENT TRAINING
September 17-18 – Pre-Conference Intensive event
Learn how to train a core team of coaches who will train local volunteers to exponentially expand the base of Safe Families.
To sign up today, click HERE.
For those staying through the weekend, check out the City Pass Card or GoChicago Card for a great way to see the city’s greatest sights!
Safe Families National Conference 2019 “Strong Roots, Abundant Fruit”
(Schedule is subject to change)
Pre-Conference Intensive: Tuesday & Wednesday, September 17 & 18
- The Amplify Initiative with Dr. Dave Anderson
- Location: Willow Creek North Shore Student Center
- Time: 10am-5pm
Pre-Conference Workshops: Thursday, September 19
- Safe Families 101 with Dr. Robin Chamberlain & team
- Location: Willow Creek North Shore
- Time: 8:30-11:30am
- Technology Services CMS Clinic
- Location: Willow Creek North Shore
- Time: 8:30-11:30am (3 1-hour sessions)
Safe Families Conference 2019: Thursday September 19
Conference Registration Check In: 11:30am-1:00pm
Main Session: 1:00-2:50p
- Welcome, Worship, Conference Vision
- Speaker: Pastor Dave Ferguson – Hero Maker
- Safe Families Testimonial
Breakout Session 1: 3:00p-4:00p
- Volunteer Driven: Volunteer Recruitment & Retention with Danny Sells, Safe Families Director, Olive Crest
- Professionally Supported: Working with Primary & Secondary Trauma with Kat Osborn, Safe Families Director, United Kingdom
- Leadership: 5 Essential Practices of Hero Making with Dave Ferguson
Breakout Session 2: 4:00p-5:00p
- Volunteer Driven: From Stranger to Friend with Alana Dennis, Cleveland Safe Families Director
- Professionally Supported: PC Parenting Skills with Karen Anderson & Aarika Yarger, Safe Families Chicago
- Leadership: Creating a Service Culture with Ken Norwood, COO Safe Families National
Dinner & Session: 5:00p-6:00p
- Live Music with Josh Weathers
- Speaker: BJ Walker
Dessert Round Tables: 6:00-7:00p
- Race roundtable: Engaging the African-American Church
- Ministry in Post-Christian Culture
- Onboarding & Engaging New Churches
- The Artful Asker
- Technology Services Zendesk Clinic
- Navigating Legislative Process
- Intake: Discerning Referral Needs
Safe Families Conference 2019: Friday September 20
Main Session: 8:30-10a
- Prayer & Worship
- Safe Families International Panel with Dr. Dave Anderson (US), Kat Osborn (UK), Jen Francis (Canada), moderated by Ken Norwood
- Celebrations & Awards!
Breakout Session 3: 10:00-11:00a
- Volunteer Driven: The Who, What and When of Preventing Volunteer Burnout with Monte Pries, Safe Families Family Coach Supervisor, Olive Crest
- Professionally Supported: Can the Problems of Poverty be Solved? with Joyce Moffitt, Safe Families Director, Greater Chicago
- Leadership: Plurality of Leadership: Directors & Council Member Panel with Ryan Mobley, Safe Families Director, SF Alliance & Panel
Breakout Session 4: 11:00a-12:00p
- Volunteer Driven: The Role of the Ministry Lead with Sara Schnake, Southeast Wisconsin Safe Families Associate Director
- Professionally Supported: Navigating Tough & Sticky Topics with Julie Paine, Safe Families Director, Bethany Christian Services & Panel
- Leadership: The Spirituality of Fundraising with Ken Norwood, COO Safe Families National
Technology Services Support Session 12:00p-12:30p
- Jim Whitfield & Carlos Sanchez
Main Session: 1:30p-2:45p
- Safe Families Adovocate Program with Ken Norwood
- Safe Families Official App Launch!
- Speaker: Bill Millken – The Power of Relationships in Transforming Communities
Main Session: 3:00p-4:30p
- Speaker: Dr. Dave Anderson – 2020 Vision