Last updated May 29, 2018.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by Safe-Families.org is controlled by Safe Families for Children, 4300 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL, 60641.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Supporters
The information we gather helps us to fulfill your requests and continually improve your experience at Safe-Families.org.
We use the information to encourage volunteerism, deliver publications, process donations, communicate with you, and generally maintain your contact details and communication records held in our database.
We also use this information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal data using HTML forms on our website. We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way.
Use of these forms is entirely voluntary on your part, so if you do not want us to hold any personal data about you, then please do not submit the forms.
You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We collect this data for communication purposes. A member of our team may use it to contact you in the future.
We do not collect or use this personal data for any other purpose. We will not rent or sell your information at any time.
We receive and store your e-mail address when you fill in one of our online forms and subscribe to our member benefits. E-mail addresses alone (without other contact details) are never divulged by Safe Families for Children to any third party whatsoever.
Cookies are small amounts of data code that are transferred to a site visitor’s hard drive through their web browser.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personally identifiable supporter information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures to ensure that any personal data held under our control is protected from unauthorized access, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction, accidental loss, improper use, or improper disclosure. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our site visitors’ personal data.
What if I have questions or need to make corrections to my information?
You can always contact us directly to review or change any personal information you have provided. Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics)
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com or send a letter to: Safe Families for Children, 4300 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL, 60641. Proof of identity may be required.
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes.