Just 1 Group…for 1 Family…For 1 Year. Live Out Love in Your Community!
Safe Families for Children creates extended family–like supports for desperate families through a community of devoted volunteers who are motivated by faith to keep children safe and keep families intact.
You and your group can be that beloved community to a family in your community!
Whether it’s a small group, discipleship group, men’s group, or some other type of group, you can make a world of difference to a family in need around you.
- Would someone in your group be willing to open their home for a child(ren) to temporarily stay with them?
- Would anyone be willing to help this family by providing respite for them to get a break or just babysit for an evening date night?
- Who could provide a few frozen meals for the family or mow their lawn?
- Who would like to work with the SF staff by checking on the child(ren) to make sure things are going OK?
- And if this family from your group or the family being supported needed something – like a crib or diapers, furniture to furnish an apartment, gas or grocery cards – couldn’t just about everyone in your group meet a small need?
In many situations, parents or guardians may be incapable of providing a safe and caring environment for their children, putting them at risk of abuse and neglect. In the past, extended family or neighbors stepped in to help families in crisis by caring for their children for short periods of time. Today, however, many families are socially isolated, and their extended family is nonexistent, or unavailable or unable to help.
Through Safe Families for Children, families in crisis get connected to caring, compassionate community during their time of need and beyond.
Your group can be at the forefront of living out love to your neighbors!